So you’ve been considering change for a while and unable to get there. Try the following. Not the easiest but, possibly, the fastest way to get things done.
1. Don’t demand authority.
2. Take responsibility but be accountable.
3. Don’t play the blame game.
4. Acknowledge and generously give credit.
5. Cultivate a learning mindset. If you go with a learning mindset you will learn from pretty much everything that you do.
6. Embrace feedback gracefully.
7. Practice emotional intelligence.
8. Be fair.
9. Show empathy.
10. Make others successful. If you try and make others successful, they in turn will try to make you successful.
I need you v/s You need me – now you know the answer!
At the end of the day, it boils down to how we treat others around us. We all run on emotions and ain’t machines after all.